Orioles are considering selling, per Morosi

paulcoates

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's pretty obvious that this would be the right move.

It's not "obvious." What's obvious is to check the market and see what we could get for these guys but also explore options to improve the team depending on how we play for the next week. I for one have no trust in Dan Duquette making franchise changing deals when he has one foot out the door and an eye on Toronto. What was obvious was letting Duquette walk this offseason instead of letting it hinder our offseason efforts like it did.

If we are indeed selling, I'd listen to offers for Britton. He'd probably bring back more of a return that out FA-to-be's. And how likely would we pay his market rate in 2017?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would much rather give up O'Day, but I agree other than maybe Manny nobody should be untouchable listening to offers never hurts.

Don't you think teams will give up more for Britton and his controlled years than a rental of Darren?

As a Super 2 with a healthy number from his first year in arbitration Britton is in line to make a substantial amount of money in 2017-2018.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Think the time has come for club to weigh if return for some players now exceeds a draft pick next June. <a href="https://t.co/6FWAk5tUXh">https://t.co/6FWAk5tUXh</a></p>— Steve Melewski (@masnSteve) <a href="

">July 24, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As a Super 2 with a healthy number from his first year in arbitration Britton is in line to make a substantial amount of money in 2017-2018.

Sure will make lots of money in those years. And the acquiring team can decide whether or not to pay that or trade him to a team that will.

If I'm a team that wants a reliever down the stretch, I'm giving up more for Britton than O'Day.

Archived